Repository hosted by TU Delft Library

Home · Contact · About · Disclaimer ·
 

Goede lange-termijn resultaten van droog-bedtraining bij kinderen met enuresis nocturna [Good long-term results of dry bed training of children with nocturnal enuresis]

Publication files not online:

Author: Hirasing, R.A. · Reus, H.
Type:article
Date:1994
Institution: TNO Preventie en Gezondheid
Source:Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, 27, 138, 1366-1368
Identifier: 232487
Keywords: Health · Age · Clinical article · Nocturnal enuresis · Prognosis · Adolescent · Child · Enuresis · Female · Human · Male · Parents · Patient Education

Abstract

Good long-term results of dry bed training of children with nocturnal enuresis. Objective. To determine the long-term effect of dry bed training in a youth health care setting. Setting. Haarlemmermeer, the Netherlands.Design. Descriptive. Method. Parents of 36 children (mean age 9 year) subjected to dry bed training in 1987-1989, were asked in 1993 if their child had wet his or her bed in the past 4 weeks. The parents were instructed in the training in group sessions in the youth health care setting. Results. In 1993, that is 4-6 years after the training, 83% slept dry. In the other 17% the number of wet nights dropped from 6 times to twice a week. Conclusion. We can conclude that the long-term success rate of dry bed training is high. Group dry bed training is a suitable method for children with nocturnal enuresis from age 8 when other methods are unsuccessful. The training is feasible outside the hospital.